Thread: Website down.

Default Website down.

The ATV offroad club of Michigan site will be down for a period of time. We were struck by a hacker, who messed up the system pretty seriously. The hacker used monkeybone's and cruiser's ID's to delete backups of the databases and rewrite all of the web pages as well as the obvious defacing of the site. It was not these individuals, and I suggest that they change their passwords. The hacks originated from several locations in the Mideast. So I doubt either of those two were hiding there. Please disregard any private messages from these two from today, as it was may not be from them.

At moment am backing up system, and will try to recover and repair the system offline. The site when it comes back, will not look like the previous site, many features will not come back, as the licenses for the software have been removed from the database. I am pricing components to replace those lost, as well as evaluating upgrading the whole system as it may be easier to build new than to repair this one. The last legitimate post was by tumbleweed at 3:01, mad archer went before him. The attack hit at 3:05pm on the 7th. All user data is intact, but may not be.

The hacker seemed intent on replacing all formatting, and code with his by evil title.

The system will still be available via tapatalk. I restored it, as I own the code for the site.tapatalk talks directly to the db so the corrupted site code doesn't impact it.

Hopefully this message will be available, if not will make a static page stating this info to hold the site alive, til I can bring it back.

Thank you water buffalo for calling me at 3:30pm. I shut down the database at that time,and stopped the hacker from damaging more than he did.

Thank you hanging in there

Mike
    18 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo R
    15 Maverick X DS Turbo
    14 Outlander 1000 XT-P
    13 Street Legal Commander 1000 XT
    RIP 11 char-grilled outlander 800
    09 Camo Grizzly 700

I have the website, back up and running. The pesky hacker, was easily infiltrating old system code, so upgraded system to newest software. The look and feel is not back and may take a while to get back in place. Bare with me as I work on the site to get it back in working order. Please note if any messages you sent are missing or not.
    15 Maverick X DS Turbo
    14 Outlander 1000 XT-P
    09 Camo Grizzly 700

Mike. go ahead and reset my password so that i may log in in the future. about this hacker... something i need to be worried about?

Kevin

Never mind. i got it. I kind of like the new look though.

I blocked the hacker's ip addresses, but you still may want to reset your passwords
    15 Maverick X DS Turbo
    14 Outlander 1000 XT-P
    09 Camo Grizzly 700